Below Deck Sailing Yacht: Who thinks they got a bad edit from production?

BELOW DECK SAILING YACHT Ciara Duggan (Photo by: Karolina Wojtasik/Bravo)
BELOW DECK SAILING YACHT Ciara Duggan (Photo by: Karolina Wojtasik/Bravo) /

The cast of Below Deck Sailing Yacht joined in for a virtual reunion and two cast members blamed their actions on a “bad edit” from production.

After an exciting season onboard Parsifal III, the Below Deck Sailing Yacht virtual reunion is upon us.  Many viewers wanted to know if Jenna MacGillivray and Adam Glick made it after forcing everyone to watch their PDA all season, and based on their locations the answer was a resounding no.  Jenna appeared to be in her home in Canada, while Adam was literally in a barn somewhere in Oregon with his dog.

Paget Berry and Ciara Duggan chatted in from a shipyard in Italy, Glenn Shephard was in Spain on the boat, Madison Stalker was in Colorado, Georgia Grobler from South Africa, Parker McCown in Colorado, and Chris Miller also joined in to clear up some questions for fans.  Byron Hissey also phoned in from Mallorca.  At the end of the reunion, Glenn named Ciara as his MVP for the season, alongside Byron.

The love triangle

When asked if Ciara was upset with Paget and Georgia’s flirty behavior, Ciara seemed unphased by it.  Andy Cohen asked if anyone else would be upset in that position, and Jenna said she wasn’t a jealous person.  This is clearly not the case if you watched more than sixty seconds of the show at any point.  Jenna even said she wanted to seek revenge on Madison at one point when she made a comment about the rocky relationship.

Was Jenna a good leader?

Jenna was pretty clear she thought she was “fair” to Madison throughout the season when she spent most of the season using the word “revenge.”  Jenna also said she thinks she got a bad edit but apologized for her behavior, kind of.  She even said she thought it was clear she was joking.  The only thing that was clear is that she was not, in fact, joking.

The smell of desperation was strong last night when it was obvious Adam was over the whole thing and Jenna kept passing questions about their relationship on to him.  It is clear she is very insecure about the whole thing, which probably means they had some kind of blow-up fight like they did on the show that was 51% her fault.  The other 49% is probably due to the fact that Adam is a manipulative psycho who prefers barns and dogs to people (Can you blame him?).

Madison and Georgia

The pair initially bonded over their treatment from Jenna, but it seems they’ve had a falling out since filming ended.  Madison said that Georgia didn’t have her back even when she claimed she did.  Georgia claimed she always had her back but didn’t seem to care very much to further defend herself.

“A bad edit”

One of the main defenses Jenna used was that guests did not complain about the service lacking.  The only reason guests did not complain about service was because Madison picked up the slack while Jenna and Adam rendezvoused during the workday.

The only two people that complained they got a bad edit were Jenna and Adam.  In the Bravo-sphere, sometimes cast members do get a bad edit.  Below Deck is not one of those shows.  The editors don’t have an allegiance to some 20-30 years olds they’ve never met and probably won’t ever meet.  They also were the only ones acting like inconsiderate jerks throughout the season so it makes sense they would blame it on a bad edit.

Captain Sandy Yawn made a cameo and said, “What you see is what you get with Adam.”  This backs up the hypothesis that Adam is just as much of a loose cannon in real life as he is on the show.  Reactive, trivializing, manipulative, enraged at the drop of a hat.  That’s all an accurate representation of Adam.

Overall, the people who took responsibility for their actions throughout the season did the same at the reunion.  Georgia apologized for her flirty behavior, Madison took responsibility for her reactions sometimes, Parker said he believed it was a good time for him to leave because he wasn’t a team player.

Related Story. Below Deck: Will the show fall victim to Covid-19 due to travel restrictions?. light

Jenna and Adam both denied that they did anything wrong throughout.  Adam said that’s just how he is!  Overall, I would be hesitant to re-cast half of the cast on Below Deck Sailing Yacht, but can we please get Madison on another show?  Thank you for your consideration.

Below Deck Mediterranean is on Mondays at 9 PM.